Swedish Grey Sheepskin Nº01518
SKU: 01518 | Swedish Grey
A sheepskin not only offers unrivalled warmth and a feeling of cosiness, but also introduces natural texture and style to any living space.
The story behind this product
- Sourced from Sweden, our Swedish Grey Lambskins are an extremely refined collection of skins that strike a balance between the current trend in skins and for those seeking sophistication from something a little less rustic
- Being entirely natural in colour, means that their tones can range from light silver to charcoal grey through to almost black; each one having their own unique lustre. For this reason, there will only ever be one of each skin, so each skin is photographed and listed individually. What you see is what you buy
- The wool is very soft, neat and so very silky-to-the-touch. It can vary from tight ringlet type curls (or ‘purls’ as they are also known) to slight waves. The nap is extremely soft and flexible thus allowing the skins to be draped and folded just like fabric. This makes them ideal to use individually or as sets on trestle benches and on numerous styles of chairs and sofas
- Our Swedish Greys have a naturally limited supply, which, when coupled with their rather chic nature, makes these skins very luxurious and incomparable to standard skins that have been artificially dyed
- There will only ever be one of each skin, so each skin is photographed and listed individually – what you see is what you buy and will be unique to you
- We measure all our sheep skins in the same way and on the wool side – purely because this is how they are viewed when in your home. Depending upon the length of the wool of the style chosen, the actual skin on the reverse may therefore be less than the measurements provided
- Whilst every care is taken to provide measurements that are as accurate as possible, the natural and unsymmetrical shape of the skins means that the measurements listed are intended as a guide for each individual skin
- The skins are measured as;
W (Width) = The total width of the hindquarters
L (Length) = The total length from the centre of the tip to the centre of the hindquarters
Need to know
- All of our sheep and lambskins have been ethically sourced in that they are all bi-products of the meat industry and have not been breed purely for their pelts
- They are eco-tanned, meaning that no bleach or dyes were used during their tanning process. Their colour is 100% natural – just as nature intended
- None of our sheep skins contain any stitching and are all of one piece
- Due to the nature of the product, natural variations in colour and shape will occur, even within the same breed. As a result, all of our skins are photographed and listed individually
- Shake the skin out once in a while and air it outside. Occasionally shake your hands through the skin lifting the curls with your fingers. Brushing can reduce the curls in a sheepskin, so avoid brushing if you can – use a very wide-toothed comb if you feel it necessary to brush
- To spot clean use a damp cloth (clean water only) and then pad dry before use
- Hand or machine wash at 30 degrees on a wool cycle using a suitable sheepskin shampoo
- To dry we recommend drying flat where possible dependent upon the size and weight of the hide. Smaller hides with less fleece can be hung on a clothesline to drip dry. Dry away from the sun and other direct heat sources
- In all cases massage the leather during drying to help keep the back supple. Other methods of cleaning are available and we recommend you speak to a specialist cleaner before attempting an alternative
Dimensions (W x L):
(contains no dyes or bleaches)
72cm x 98cm (wool side)
See instructions above
We aim to dispatch your order within 24h Monday - Thursday*.
UK MAINLAND / COLLECTION
FREE Standard Delivery over £75*
Standard Delivery (up to 5 working days) £4.99*
Collect FREE from THATCH, Trawden, Lancs
Standard Delivery £10.00*
Standard Delivery £15.00*
International Orders please contact us.
* During periods of seasonal demand, delivery times may be subject to delays with our couriers. If uncertain, please check with ourselves at time of order.
Should you change your mind about an item, we are happy to offer an exchange or a refund. All we ask is that you return the item to us in an unused state and in its original packaging within 14 days of receipt.
Please click here to view our full Returns & Refunds Policy.