Natural White Icelandic Nº02218
SKU: 02218 | Icelandic Sheepskins
A sheepskin not only offers unrivalled warmth and a feeling of cosiness, but also introduces natural texture and style to any living space.
The story behind this product
- Icelandic Sheepskins are by nature dual-coated in order to provide the warmth required from the harsh Icelandic environment
- They have a dense soft under coat (Pel) and a long straight silky outer coat (Tog). When tanned well, the combination produces a sheepskin with long “floaty” hair and an opulent body which provides an unparalleled softness with a very luxurious look
- They work extremely well as drapes and throws making a statement piece that provides a huge amount of sumptuous texture to any room
- There will only ever be one of each skin, so each skin is photographed and listed individually – what you see is what you buy and will be unique to you
- We measure all our sheep skins in the same way and on the wool side – purely because this is how they are viewed when in your home. Depending upon the length of the wool of the style chosen, the actual skin on the reverse may therefore be less than the measurements provided
- Whilst every care is taken to provide measurements that are as accurate as possible, the natural and unsymmetrical shape of the skins means that the measurements listed are intended as a guide for each individual skin
- The skins are measured as;
W (Width) = The total width of the hindquarters
L (Length) = The total length from the centre of the tip to the centre of the hindquarters
Need to know
- All of our sheep and lambskins have been ethically sourced in that they are all bi-products of the meat industry and have not been breed purely for their pelts
- They are eco-tanned, meaning that no bleach or dyes were used during their tanning process. Their colour is 100% natural – just as nature intended
- None of our sheep skins contain any stitching and are all of one piece
- Due to the nature of the product, natural variations in colour and shape will occur, even within the same breed. As a result, all of our skins are photographed and listed individually
- Shake the skin out once in a while and air it outside. Occasionally shake your hands through the skin lifting the wool with your fingers. Brushing can affect the appearance of your hide, so avoid over-brushing and use a very wide-toothed comb to do so
- Never dry clean or machine wash
- As with most longer fleeces we advise the use of a suitable diluted sheepskin shampoo to clean your sheepskin. Dilute the liquid according to manufacturer’s instructions with water and create a foam/froth. Use this foam with a clean cloth to gently rub away any stains. Avoid over wetting
- To dry we recommend dabbing excess moisture with a clean cloth and leaving flat on a flat surface to dry naturally. Never use a tumble dryer and dry away from the sun and other direct heat sources
- In all cases massage the leather during drying to help keep the back supple
- When completely dry, gently brush or fluff with a wide-toothed comb; remembering not to over brush
- Other methods of cleaning may be available and we recommend you speak to a specialist cleaner before attempting any alternatives. Always make sure it is suitable before handing over your hide
Dimensions (W x L):
(contains no dyes or bleaches)
75cm x 106cm (wool side)
See instructions above
We aim to dispatch your order within 24h Monday - Thursday.
UK MAINLAND / COLLECTION
FREE Standard Delivery over £75*
Standard Delivery (up to 5 working days) £4.99*
Next working day £15.00
2 working days £10.00
Collect FREE from THATCH, Trawden, Lancs
Standard Delivery up to 5 working days £9.99*
International Orders please contact us.
* During periods of seasonal demand, delivery times may be subject to delays with our couriers. If uncertain, please check with ourselves at time of order.
Should you change your mind about an item, we are happy to offer an exchange or a refund. All we ask is that you return the item to us in an unused state and in its original packaging within 14 days of receipt.
Please click here to view our full Returns & Refunds Policy.