Natural White Lambskins Nº01818A
SKU: 01818A | Lambskin Collection
A lambskin not only offers unrivalled warmth and a feeling of cosiness, but also introduces natural texture and style to any living space.
The story behind this product
- These lambskins are either UK or European skins
- Whilst the length of the fleece of each skin can vary and their colour can range from natural white to cream tones, what you can be sure about is their quality, as each one has been hand-picked to ensure that we supply the best that we can
- They are the most simple and perfect natural white lambskins which prove to be a very popular choice
- There will only ever be one of each skin, so each skin is photographed and listed individually – what you see is what you buy and will be unique to you
- We measure all our sheep skins in the same way and on the wool side – purely because this is how they are viewed when in your home. Depending upon the length of the wool of the style chosen, the actual skin on the reverse may therefore be less than the measurements provided
- Whilst every care is taken to provide measurements that are as accurate as possible, the natural and unsymmetrical shape of the skins means that the measurements listed are intended as a guide for each individual skin
- The skins are measured as;
W (Width) = The total width of the hindquarters
L (Length) = The total length from the centre of the tip to the centre of the hindquarters
Need to know
- All of our sheep and lambskins have been ethically sourced in that they are all bi-products of the meat industry and have not been breed purely for their pelts
- They are eco-tanned, meaning that no bleach or dyes were used during their tanning process. Their colour is 100% natural – just as nature intended
- None of our sheep skins contain any stitching and are all of one piece
- Due to the nature of the product, natural variations in colour and shape will occur, even within the same breed. As a result, all of our skins are photographed and listed individually
- Shake the skin out once in a while and air it outside. Occasionally shake your hands through the skin lifting the wool with your fingers
- Brush regularly to help maintain and bring out the best in the wool fibres
- Small stains and light soiling can be spot cleaned with a clean damp cloth and diluted sheepskin shampoo (according to manufacturer’s instructions)
- Hand or machine wash in cool water (30°C) using a suitable sheepskin shampoo and following manufacturer’s instructions (some wool detergents contain phosphates and alkalis which can damage and stiffen the pelt)
- If machine washing, wash on a gentle wool cycle
- It is recommended to shake and brush before washing to reduce the risk of tangles. After washing and while still wet, brush with either a wire wool brush or comb to help restore its appearance and lift fibres. Hand or machine washing may affect the appearance of the natural wool fibres and the leather pelt
- To dry we recommend dabbing excess moisture with a clean cloth and leaving completely flat to dry naturally. Never use a tumble dryer and dry away from the sun and other direct heat sources
- In all cases massage and stretch the leather during drying to help keep the back supple. Other methods of cleaning may be available and we recommend you speak to a specialist cleaner before attempting any alternatives. Always make sure it is suitable before handing over your hide
- Avoid keeping your skin in damp or wet conditions to prevent damage to the leather pelt
Dimensions (W x L):
(contains no dyes or bleaches)
60cm x 86cm (wool side)
See instructions above
We aim to dispatch your order within 24/48h Monday - Friday*.
UK MAINLAND / COLLECTION
FREE Standard Delivery over £100*
Standard Delivery (up to 5 working days) £4.99*
Collect FREE from THATCH, Trawden, Lancs
Standard Delivery £10.00*
Standard Delivery £20.00*
International Orders please contact us.
* During periods of seasonal demand, delivery times may be subject to delays with our couriers. If uncertain, please check with ourselves at time of order.
Should you change your mind about an item, we are happy to offer an exchange or a refund. All we ask is that you return the item to us in an unused state and in its original packaging within 14 days of receipt.
Please click here to view our full Returns & Refunds Policy.